Saxophone & Clarinet Lessons 503.888.5796
- This event has passed.
Sensory Friendly Concert
February 21, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm PSTFree
Join the Portland Wind Symphony and the Marylhurst Music Therapy Student Organization for a sensory friendly concert.
Typical public concert venues are inaccessible to those who are unable to sit still or be quiet. Experiencing live music in the fine arts is totally elusive to the growing number of people in our society on the autism spectrum. This is not okay. – – – The Musical Artist
Sensory Friendly means:
- lights up inside the performance hall
- lower volume and consistent sound level
- audience members are free to talk and leave their seat
- props such as scarves are provided
- audience members are welcome to bring and use headphones
The Marylhurst Music Therapy Student Organization will provide special activities before, during and after the show.
Music includes classic wind symphony repertoire, trumpet fanfares, tunes from Mary Poppins, Peter and The Wolf, and music from Star Wars.