Saxophone & Clarinet Lessons 503.888.5796
The Portland Metro area has many rich resources when it comes to finding an instrument to rent or have repaired, listening to live and recorded music of many flavors, and finding a music method or sheet music. This page lists some of
- Wally’s Music – 607 Washington Street, Oregon City; 503-656-5323. They have a full-service repair team, instrument rental program, and new and used instruments for sale. Store hours: Monday thru Friday – 9:30 to
5:30pm; Thursdays open until 7:00pm; Saturdays – 9:30 to 5:00pm
- Portland Music Company – They have four locations: Milwaukie, East Portland, Beaverton, and NE Broadway in Portland. They rent and sell instruments, have a repair team at their NE Broadway store, and a full-service sheet music store (the last in Oregon!) at their Beaverton location. Visit the acoustic store: 2502 NE Broadway Portland; (503) 228-8437. Broadway store hours: Mon-Fri: 10:00AM to 6:30PM; Saturday: 10:00AM to 6:00PM; Open Sunday: 11:00AM to 5:00PM
- Beacock Music – They have locations in Eugene and Corvallis as well as Vancouver: 1420 SE 163rd Ave, Vancouver, WA 98683 – (360) 694-7134, 9am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Sat & 11am-6pm Sun. Buy or rent instruments, instrument repair department, and extensive sheet music selection.
We are fortunate in Portland to have three public radio stations where you can listen to classical music or jazz.
- All-Classical Portland – In Portland, tune your FM dial to 89.9 or listen at player.allclassical.org
- KMHD – In Portland, tune in to all flavors of jazz at 89.1 FM or listen at kmhddotorg.
- KBOO – Volunteer-Powered, Non-Commercial, Listener-Sponsored, Full-Strength Community Radio for Portland, Oregon, the Pacific Northwest, & the World! Broadcasting at 90.7 fm in Portland, 104.3 fm in Corvallis, and 91.9 fm in Hood River. Listen online at their website and click on the LISTEN NOW button.
- Oregon Symphony
- Montavilla Jazz Festival
- Chamber Music Northwest
- Cathedral Park Jazz Festival
- PDX Jazz Festival
- Rose City Pride Bands
- Portland Wind Symphony
- Summer Concerts in the Parks of Portland
Many of these music organizations offer free or low-cost performances. Get on their mailing list to hear about their year-round offerings.