Saxophone & Clarinet Lessons 503.888.5796
Welcome to Grace Notes Music Studio
Clarinet and Saxophone Lessons for all ages
A Day of Duets, May 21
Our Spring recital entitled 2 by 3 or 4 was held on May 21. All the students joined with other students to perform duets in selections by Mozart, Dr. “Bugs” Bower, Pleyel, and others. “By 3 or 4” refers to the music being in three beats per bar or four.
An Die Musik was the theme for our Winter recital on January 8. We performed a variety of music, from Disco and R&B to Romantic and Baroque. Franz Schubert’s lied, An Die Musik, was our inspiration.
On May 22, 2022 a limited number of people attended an in-person performance of 12 clarinet and saxophone students. Visit my recital page for photos and videos.
Over 5 Sundays in November and December 2021, small groups of students live-streamed their performances from my studio for the Fall Recital called Live Times Five.
In-Person Learning Resumes
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, I began teaching remotely using Zoom video conference software in March 2020. A little more than a year later, we were able to have lessons in-person at my studio.
Now if a student is sick or feeling any COVID symptoms, your lesson will be on Zoom instead. Inclement weather and difficulty with transportation are other reasons to go remote.
Each student has their own personalized link for online lessons with Mary Ellen. See my instructions for scheduling your lessons. I’ve also added a page with instructions to get the best experience using Zoom.
May 2023 Recital 2 by 3 or 4
Enjoy these photos taken after the performance. Please visit my recital page to watch and listen to all the performances.
Clarinet and Saxophone Lessons
Clarinet and saxophone lessons are just the tip of the iceberg of offerings here.
Private saxophone and clarinet lessons are a student’s first experience at Grace Notes Music Studio. I also produce two recitals each school year; one in the Fall or Winter and another in Spring.
Most Recent Posts
- Thank You For The MusicThank you for the music, the songs I’m singingThanks for all the joy they’re bringingWho can live without it? I ask in all honestyWhat would life be?Without a song or a dance, what are we?So I say thank you for the musicFor giving it to me Benny Goran Bror Andersson / Bjoern K. Ulvaeus Thank…
- An Die Musik (To Music)Winter recital: An Die Musik (To Music) This German song by Franz Schubert is the inspiration for the student performance to be held in Jan 2023.
- Returning to Music in AdulthoodAdults make up about 25% of my students at any given time. For the most part, adult music students are in one of two situations. They played sax or clarinet in middle school and/or high school and are ready to play again. Or they are brand new to playing a musical instrument and now have…
- The Next Step in Gear for your hornLast week I discussed the basic equipment you need to take care of your saxophone and clarinet. This week, I give you some equipment and tools that will support your playing and take your musical skills to the next level.
Twice-yearly performance opportunities
- solo with or without accompaniment
- duets, trios, quartets
- classical and jazz
Sign up for Lessons
Regular music lessons provide:
- an expert, creative teacher
- individualized attention
- personalized lesson plan
- time management
FAQ & Answers
- Days and times I teach?
- Performance opportunities?
- Where is my studio?
- Expectations of students?
Here you can find links to:
- Online Schedule
- Intake form
- Expectations & Policies form