Saxophone & Clarinet Lessons 503.888.5796
Gifts for the Clarinetist
- Celebrated Method for the Clarinet H Klosé, revised Simeon Bellison, Carl Fischer
- Lazarus’ Modern Method for Clarinet, revised Gustave Langenus, Carl Fischer
- Clarinet Studies on the Intermediate Level by Jack Snavely, Kendor Music, Inc. This may be out of print, but if you can find it at a used store, grab it! Melodic material in all major and minor keys up to four flats and four sharps.
- Modern Pares Foundation Studies for Clarinet by Harvey Whistler, Rubank. An oldie but goodie.
- Mel Bay’s Complete Jazz Clarinet Book by William Bay, Mel Bay Publications
- Forty Studies for the Clarinet by C Rose, Carl Fischer
Solos and Duets
- Concert & Contest Collection for Bb Clarinet edited by H Voxman, Rubank Pub. (Two parts: Clarinet and Piano)
- Jazz Duets: Standards, for Clarinet Hal Leonard Pub (They also have a Jazz Classics collection)
- Clarinet Solos with Piano Accompaniment from the Everybody’s Favorite Series, Amsco Publications
- Rubank Book of Clarinet Solos with Piano Accompaniment, Easy Level and Intermediate Level, Rubank
- Solos for the Clarinet Player with piano accompaniment, edited by Arthur Christmann, G Schirmer Inc.
- Learn to Play Clarinet Duets, edited by William Eisenhauer, Alfred Publishing
- Mozart for the Clarinet, transcribed by Eric Simon, G Schirmer Inc.
- Selected Duets for Clarinet Volume I and II, H Voxman, Rubank
- Instrument stand such as K&M, Pack A Stand, Titan
- Music stand such as Manhasset, Hamilton or Petersen. Some models fold up and are quite portable.
- Music stand light, battery-operated
- Booklet of manuscript paper
- Silk cleaning swab, reed guard, cork grease
- Eyeglass repair kit – Tiny screwdriver for adjusting those tiny screws.
- Metronome and tuner – you can find these as two-in-one devices or separate devices or also as a smartphone app.